Call for Special Session Proposals
ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval(ICMR2018), will be held in Yokohama, Japan (http://icmr2018.org). At this time, we invite you to propose special sessions for ICMR2018. Special sessions supplement the regular program for ICMR 2018. They are intended to cover new and emerging topics in the fields of multimedia computing and retrieval. Each special session should provide an overview of the state-of-the-art and highlight important research directions in a field of special interest to ICMR participants. Each Special Session should be a focused effort rather than defined broadly.
Special Sessions Requirements
Each special session should consist of about 5 oral papers. The session organizers will be responsible for the selection of these papers. Special session papers, which can be invited or submitted, are limited to 6-8 pages. They will supplement the regular research papers and be included in the proceedings of ICMR2018.
The following information should be included in the proposal:
- Title of the proposed special session
- Session abstract (stating the importance of the topic and the rationale for the session)
- Names and affiliations of the organizers (including brief bios and contact information)
- List of potential authors committed to submit paper (including a tentative title and a 300-word abstract for each paper)
Once the proposal has been approved, the organizers will organize the review process as below.
- Establish an independent program committee for your Special Session (SS-PC).
- Assign 2 reviewers through SS-PC to each submitted paper (In addition, regular-paper PC preserves 2 reviewers (total: 4 reviewers).).
- Arrange a draft of peer-reviewed result after assuring more than 3 reviews for each paper, and suggest it to regular-paper PC (the final judgment is achieved by regular-paper PC).
If a significant number of the papers are rejected after peer-review for an approved Special Session, this Special Session may be cancelled or merged to other sessions. If a proposal is not accepted, papers in that proposal can still be submitted to regular sessions.
- Proposal Deadline: 2017/12/15
- Proposal Notification: 2017/12/28
- Paper Deadline: 2018/02/17
- Notification: 2018/03/30
- Camera Ready Deadline:
Those who are interested in organizing a special session should submit a proposal with the above requirements by email to the Special Session co-chairs, and all the papers in the special sessions should follow the same style as the regular ICMR2018 papers.
ICMR2018 Special Session Chairs
Shuqiang Jiang, ICT, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Takahiro Mochizuki, NHK STRL