Call for workshop proposals
ICMR 2018 invites active members of the community to submit workshop proposals. The selected workshops should focus on topics relevant to multimedia retrieval researchers and practitioners and should trigger lively discussions and interactions among participants. They should differ from the main topics covered by the conference yet attract fellow members of the community. Emerging research themes with interests to the multimedia research community will be favored.
- Workshop Proposals Due: December 15, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: December 28, 2017
- Workshop Paper Submission: February 17, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: March 30, 2018
- Camera-Ready Papers Due:
April 27, 2018April 27, 2018
Proposals should be submitted by email to the Workshop Co-chairs listed below directly in PDF format. Please include the following information:
- Title and Abstract
- Relevance and significance of this workshop to the main conference
- The distinctive characteristics of the workshop, including workshop theme, how the workshop shall be run
- Estimated paper submission volume and paper acceptance rate
- Expected attendance
- Length: Full day or half day
- A draft workshop call for papers
- The names, affiliations, email addresses and short bio of the workshop organizers
- A list of potential Program Committee members and their affiliations
Please note that the proposal should not exceed 4 pages, including the call-for-papers.
Evaluation of the Proposals
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the ICMR 2018 Workshop Chairs based on three criteria: a) the likely interest of the workshop to ICMR attendees, b) the breadth and depth of the topic covered, c) the expertise and credential of the organizer(s).
- Winston Hsu (firstname.lastname@example.org), National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Naoko Nitta (email@example.com), Osaka University, Japan